Thursday 20 February 2014

Photo Safari

As part of my homework for the course Blog with Pip (I use the term loosely - this is fun, not mind-numbing drudge), I am to do a photo safari of my weekend. Very lucky to have had a rather pleasant weekend behind me. Now that I have a blog, I tend to take a lot more photos anyway so it wasn't too hard.
So here they are. Explanations come after each photo.


Every weekend we go to Belair National Park which is just up the road from us. Even though the week before there was an uncontrolled bushfire raging there, last weekend it was as if nothing had happened. The long very hot Adelaide summer has taken its toll though on some of the trees. This lovely conifer has shed more than half of its foliage. Lets hope it recovers.


Here are some of the leaves. They look beautiful all piled up but it does show the tragedy of how much stress these trees are under. A rather strange woman asked me what I was photographing so I showed her. Wasn't impressed funnily enough.


The lake is a little lower in level. Well, a lot lower (the sign is usually in the water), but I was heartened to see what we call the Mystery Island was still unreachable. Phew.


You don't usually see koalas drinking water on ground level during the day, but he/she was obviously desperate. We watched it for about 5 minutes and she didn't move from her spot. Just slowly lapped and lapped...


Look at this cheeky chap? I like the little head cocked on its side. He spotted the bread we were holding and bold as brass, loped up to us waiting patiently and with a curious twinkle in its eye. I like magpies (or maggie's as most Australians call them). I like their chat and chortling. The slight eye-pecking threat is also interesting.

There - that was a snap of my weekend.
It'll probably be the exact same this weekend. I like that.

Lx


12 comments:

  1. How lovely to have such a beautiful spot nearby. I really like your leaves photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it too! The park also has a little coffee van that rolls in so thats an extra bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are gorgeous. Love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves were so beautiful. Would have taken them home if I could!

      Delete
  4. A great thing to do on the weekends - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, softens the blow for Monday morning too!

      Delete
  5. Your photos are great and you describe the nature and the animals in such a nice way. What a pleasant photo safari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene - I'm very lucky to have such a beautiful park close by.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful photos. What a great photo safari for studies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great that you live close to Belair! I don't go up there often. Seeing that koala would have been a treat.

    ReplyDelete